Tuesday, November 3, 2009

These Boots Were Made for Walking....

I've always loved boots, but like many women I've never been able to find a pair to fit ALL of my leg. Getting the foot and ankle is generally easy, but zipping them past my calf...good luck! One of the wardrobe additions I hoped to make during this weight loss process was getting back into boots, but I was still having no luck with full length ones. My calves now have less fat, but they're still not small thanks to the elliptical machine. In talking to a number of friends, I discovered this is a pretty common problem.

Thank goodness I live in the age of the Internet! I was commiserating with Michelle on the boot drama, and she mentioned her friend Lisa Dolan's blog, which had recently included a series of posts on finding the right boot on-line. And wouldn't you know Lisa found a fantastic site that specializes in wide calf booths! Yee-ha! So I followed the instructions, measured my calf in the right spot, placed my order, and hoped.

They arrived today, and they're perfect! Just the right accessory for my new sweater dress!



I had to order half a size larger than normal, but I just throw on a pair of thick ski socks and they fit perfectly.

Bring on winter! I'm ready to tackle it in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment