Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Awestruck And Inspired



When I posted my "In Training" blog last night, I took a deep breath before I hit the publish button. Talking privately with friends about weight and body image is one thing, but putting it out there for the world to see is another matter altogether. My vodka tonic with dinner made me feel brave enough, I guess!

While I hoped to get some supportive messages from the two or three people that regularly comment about everything on my blog, I wasn't prepared for the overwhelming flood of positive thoughts I received. I have my blog linked to Facebook as well, and a bunch of my Facebook friends chose to comment there. Things that inspired and amazed me:

  • Recipe offers! I need as many of those as I can get. Because I'm not gonna stop eating, but I'm committed to doing it better. And you know I love to cook! One friend even gave me her Weight Watchers account information so I could see what was going on there, even if I didn't want to dive into the full program. WOW!
  • Admissions by people I think of as "natural athletes" that they struggle with exercising every day. Huh? You mean my friend who competes in triathalons has to talk herself into exercising? Cool...
  • Acknowledgment that I'm not alone. EVERYONE to a person admitted their own fitness struggles. It's so great not to feel alone. And I think I now have a workout buddy in every city where I have a friend. Amazing!
I'm so excited to talk more about all the aspects of this journey and have you follow along with me. I thought about starting all the related blog titles with "In Training" followed by the subject of the post, but I thought it might start to look boring. Plus having to search through a year of titles to find what you're looking for isn't fun. Instead, each post will have a "In Training" tag, so you can just use the tag menu on the main page of my blog to read these more easily.

Thanks to all my amazing friends for their support, encouragement and love. Because of all of you, I AM GOING TO DO THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment