Friday, August 7, 2009

Behind the Scenes

After I got back from Yurika's birthday party, I was feeling a little full from dinner and felt the urge to work it off. I didn't want to go to they gym. I tried that Thursday night after dinner out with a friend, and discovered late night work outs do not sit well with my stomach. So I thought I would take a walk around the complex just to move a little and get some fresh air. Plus I love how the city looks on a clear night, and I wanted to try some pictures.

The complex has this system of elevated walkways so you can get to buildings on adjacent blocks without dealing the street traffic. It's also a nice way to walk around at night.



This is the pool. Hard to believe I haven't had time to check it out yet, but it sure looks tempting.



As I walked towards the back of the pool patio area, I thought I spotted a camera crew. And sure enough, upon closer inspection, they had shut down the street behind the building, as well as two lanes on 3rd Street, for some kind of filming. Not clear whether it's TV or a movie, but you may be seeing my apartment complex on a screen near you one of these days!



All of these stopped cars were part of the shoot. The grey building in the top right quadrant of the photo is the Walt Disney Concert Hall.







I'm just glad I don't live in the South Tower. Those poor folks are gonna have a tough time sleeping tonight with this shining through the windows...

No comments:

Post a Comment