Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tucked In

This whole "Better Meg" challenge is about small victories. The scale hasn't moved much so far this week, which has left me a little discouraged. But then I found some new encouragement in an unlikely place - my closet.

Finding pants that fit has been a battle my whole life. Even as a kid, I had heavy thighs, which did not lend themselves well to wearing skinny jeans (or "stovepipes" as we called them back in the day). I've always tended to gravitate more towards skirts and dresses. Plus they hide the belly fat better, and that's really the main reason I hate pants. And if I MUST wear pants, I always make sure the shirt I'm wearing is long and loose enough to cover my stomach.

So I was pleasantly surprised to discover a pair of dress pants I haven't worn in ages actually have room now! And I not only wore them to work, I wore them with my shirt TUCKED IN! Because I actually looked thinner that way, if you can imagine that. Major victory!!



Still a LONG way to go, but now at least my mind is off the non-moving scale. And I wonder what else is hiding in the closet...

2 comments:

  1. you GO Meg! Love the pic.I'm so proud of you for sticking to this. I'm using you as motivation to work out myself.

    ReplyDelete