Monday, August 10, 2009

Time for an Update

So I'm a week into the "Better Meg" challenge, and I'm happy to report I lost 3.5 pounds this week! It won't get me on The Biggest Loser, but if I maintain that pace I'll reach my goal much more quickly than a year. Feeling pretty good about that!

The first week is always tough, and this one had the additional challenge of being packed with social activities, which involved a lot of eating out. MUCH harder to control the calories that way. But this is all about learning to make smarter choices every day and find balance, not give up on having fun. I will admit I should have been more disciplined in avoiding the garlic bread Friday night, although the beers and Red Bull at the John Mayer show did a fair amount of damage. On the up side, I learned how much additional effort it takes on the exercise front to offset those calories, so I'll be making some adjustments at the next meal out!

Things to celebrate:
  • 3.5 pounds down, 46.5 to go!
  • Got a MINIMUM of 30 minutes of exercise every day this week! And logged 13 miles on the elliptical trainer!
  • Finding time to exercise was easier than I thought!
Things to work on:
  • Step away from the bread basket...
  • Drink more water
  • Increase exercise duration or add some light weights
  • Try some new recipes (Thanks for the Weight Watchers book, Virgina!)
Thought for the week:
The journey of a thousand leagues begins from beneath your feet.
Lao-Tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

No comments:

Post a Comment