Saturday, August 8, 2009

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time...

I love shiny things. In my universe, something can never be too covered with sequins, crystals, or bling of some kind. That includes gifts. So when I found this silver glitter wrapping paper, I figured I had scored!



That is, until I went to actually USE it. Then the real trouble began.



Because it's covered in glitter, tape won't stick to the wrapping. So I had to settle for this origami approach, then wait until I was tying the bow to get the package to stay shut. Crap!



And of course, it left little snow specks all over my table. And my hands. And my clothes. And because the table has grooves in the surface, it was a pain in the butt to clean up. Now I'm really irritated!



At least the finished product looks nice....and very SHINY! Of course, it's going to pop apart instantly and cover the recipient with fairy dust when opened. Hope they have a sense of humor.

And no, I'm not telling you who the gift is for. You'll just have to wait for the follow-up blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment