Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finally, A Break

Thirteen days. Three hundred and twelve hours. Eighteen thousand seven hundred and twenty minutes. That's how long it's been since my last day off from work. I'm physically and mentally spent, and this break could not come at a better time.

As I thought about what to do with a day to myself, I was initially determined not to be a total slug and get out to enjoy some local sights. I even bought a map, thinking a drive into the Great Smoky Mountains would provide some nice photo opportunities.


Then the weather turned gray and windy, with rain forecasted off and on for the entire weekend. I got a slightly sore throat, which developed into a cough. And when I woke up to a silenced alarm clock for the first time in almost two weeks, I felt no desire other than to crawl back in bed and sleep some more. I got up long enough to enjoy the complimentary hotel breakfast, put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and grab the TV remote before getting back to the business of resting. The only other time I got up the entire day was to walk to the Applebee's across the street to pick up dinner.




Only 5 more days left. With a little luck, I might just make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment