Thursday, May 12, 2011

Life On The Road and The Joy of Laundry

Before I left for CAT duty, I had to go shopping. Since I don't work in the field on a regular basis, my wardrobe of dresses and skirts wasn't going to cut the mustard for this particular assignment. But even having secured more black pants and polo shirts suitable for long days working around cars, there was still no way to have enough wardrobe for 3 weeks of work, which meant several of my evenings would be spent doing laundry.

The hotel has a valet laundry service, but since I was on my own dime I wasn't about to pay $5 for a pair of pants to get cleaned. That meant finding a Laundromat.


Luckily, I spotted one a couple of miles down the road from the hotel my first day here. It sits next to a small apartment complex with weekly rates, which makes for very entertaining people watching if you're bored while the wash cycle runs. I was even more happy to find the washers and dryers are exactly the same as my building at home so at least I knew what to expect.


I also discovered a handy new laundry invention at the local Walmart--detergent and fabric softener in one sheet! Easy to use in a pinch, and cheaper than buying even the smallest size of each item separately.


The laundry facilities were great. The vending machine that stole my money? Well, that's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment