Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shopping....STILL Not Easy

Since my clothing choices have been depleted due to my weight loss, I was excited at the prospect of my first shopping trip at a new size. Armed with my wardrobe filler list and a ton of optimism, I headed to ROSS in Pasadena, home of huge variety and low prices. After all, I plan on losing more weight, so I don't want to spend a ton of money on more clothes I'll hopefully only wear for a few months. The point is to avoid looking like a bag lady for the least amount of investment possible.

By the end of my little adventure, my optimism had been sorely tested and I only had a few items. Because even with less of me to dress, guess what? IT'S STILL HARD TO FIND CLOTHES THAT FIT! And it takes a lot longer!

First off, I have no clear idea of what size to shop for anymore. Clothes sizing is terribly inconsistent anyway, and I've always had to try everything on, but now trips to the dressing room involve 3 sizes of everything so I can recalibrate. If you can only take 8 items in the dressing room at a time, that means you can probably only try on 2 styles of pants at a time before you hit your limit. And I was not dealing with the kindest dressing room personnel, to say the least.

Second, because my body shape and proportions have changed, I now have more cut and style options than before. It's a good news/bad news scenario for all the same reasons as the sizing problem. More options equals more trial and error to figure out what works and doesn't.

In the end, I came out with a couple of jackets and one PERFECT little black dress (for only $25!), but no pants, which are what I needed the most. Not much in exchange for 2 hours in the store. If I had logged that much time on the elliptical I would have lost another 2-3 pounds! At least I'm ready for a hot date...now I just need a good offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment