Friday, October 16, 2009

New Kid on the Block

Tonight I paid a visit to my friends Micah and Allison Hershberg, who just welcomed their second son Jeremy into the world on October 2. So now big brother Jordan has a little brother, and Mom and Dad have their hands full.

Knowing how tired Allison and Micah must be, I thought taking them dinner would be the way to go. After picking up salads, pizzas and pasta at CPK, I headed over to their place in Pasadena. Allison was enjoying a shower when I arrived since Micah got home a little early, so I got to spend time entertaining Jordan. He's added even more words to his vocabulary since my last visit, and he's also picked up a new eating habit - gotta have something in both hands!


I had thought ahead and ordered some pizza with just cheese and tomatoes thinking simple was better for him, but he actually ended up loving my thin-crust chicken pesto pizza. Sophisticated kid! He also loves Mom's cell phone.

Now I just need to teach him the art of the perfect self-portrait...



Jeremy is a totally adorable little peanut, although he's basically in sleep and eat mode so I didn't manage to get any photos with his eyes open. Sounds about right since the little guy is only 2 weeks old! He's got plenty to discover in this world without a flash going off in his face.



According to Allison, he and Daddy have been conking out around 8 PM every night. Seems they're both pretty worn out from all the excitement!



While Allison was taking pictures of her sleeping boys, I was reading to Jordan while he was winding down for bedtime. His new favorite word is "moon," and we went outside looking for it earlier without any luck. Instead, we tried to look for moon pictures in his books, and we found a couple. I also got the seal of approval on my reading skills, which is no small feat since I was reading everything upside down!





With the Hershbergs all fading fast, it was time for Auntie Meg to head home. Good night Allison! Good night Micah! Good night Jordan! Good night Jeremy! And good night moon....

No comments:

Post a Comment