Tuesday, October 6, 2009

(Almost) Everyone Deserves a Second Chance

OK, so the first date was pretty much a disaster of epic proportions. But who really LIKES first dates anyway? They're nerve racking under the best of circumstances. And since I'm an optimist who believes in second chances, and still think this thing with me and the Kings has some potential, I agreed to a second date. I'm glad I did.

My boys made up for the opening night debacle with a 6-4 win over our conference rival, the San Jose Sharks. Last year's Presidents Trophy winner for the best record in the NHL, and off-season winners of the Dany Heatley free-agency sweepstakes (if you can call that a prize you actually WANT to win...), they should have kicked us up one side of the rink and down the other. And while we were far from perfect - hell, we blew a 4 goal lead in the 3rd period - we persevered and came away with a 6-4 win, our first of the season.

Drew had another great offensive night, with his second goal assist of the season. On the defensive side of things, he played pretty well until he ran into this guy in the 3rd period....



That's right, Judas himself....Kings former Captain Rob Blake, now the SHARKS CAPTAIN, the only guy in the building who DOESN'T deserve a second chance. Hell, he's left the Kings twice in his career, and that's the only second chance he gets with me. Although I can't hate him too much (at least not personally) since he went to college with Nadine. "Ah zigga zumba" and all that crap..... you Bowling Green people....

Blakey managed to get around Drew, tap in the puck and leave Drew and our goalie Jon Quick sitting butt first inside the net. Not a good look, boys. But hey, Blake is on his last legs, so you probably won't see him next year. Let's just move on, shall we?

I will say this much for the Sharks - they have a HOT-LOOKING TEAM! That made choosing the "Opposing Team Hottie of the Night" a tougher task than usual. But Nadine and I persevered, and I'm happy to announce our choice is ....

Defenseman Douglas Murray - #3





Six feet, 3 inches tall, 240 lbs., piercing blue eyes, and sporting some excellent hockey hair. And he's Swedish. We like this.

On side note, it was lovely to see my friend Chelsea Alexander, who scored some awesome seats a couple of sections over in 116. Sorry about your Sharkies, Chels. Better luck next time.

One more home game on Thursday before the boys head out for their first road trip. That gives me time for one more date before I go back to being (temporarily) dateless and desperate. If the 3rd time is the charm, this just might be love....

No comments:

Post a Comment