Saturday, October 11, 2008

Signs of Fall

I woke up this morning and felt a change in the air. Since I fell asleep with the windows open last night, the house was freezing this morning. When I headed out for my morning coffee run around 7 am, the thermostat on my car confirmed the change in the CA climate....a crisp 55 degrees, while feels like winter after the 80's we've had the past two weeks. But I must confess, I'm tired of the heat and ready for fall. Plus I got to try out the seat warmers in my car for the first time! How did I live without them?

After I got back from Starbucks, the house was still a little too chilly to walk around barefoot, which is what I usually do. Out came one of my favorite friend gifts - hand knit socks from Michelle! As Tanya would say, I think there's a business in there somewhere...I love these, and the color is soooo me.















The new plates for my car also arrived this week, so after my coffee and breakfast sandwich had a chance to settle, I figured it was a good time to put them on. I just love the very official looking wrapping the State of CA sends them in.



Out with the old....especially the nasty window sticker you have to keep on the car when you have a temporary registration.



And in with the new!!!















And since this wouldn't be my blog without a mention of hockey, the Kings season opener is today is San Jose, and the first home game is also against San Jose tomorrow.

That explains the chill....it's hockey weather!

1 comment:

  1. This post made my whole day. Would you believe I don't have a picture of the socks? And they are the very first pair I ever knit!!!

    Love Love Love (and see you in five days) - Michelle

    ReplyDelete