Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Thought Locker: Good Things, Idiots, and Ladies Men


  • One of the joys of cleaning out your huge stash of cosmetics is finding something you dearly love and forgot you had. Why didn't I buy 12 bottles of Valentino's "Gold" perfume when they were still making it? Now I'm afraid to touch the travel sample bottle I have left because when it's gone, it's never coming back. My favorite perfume EVER, and now I can't find it anywhere. I Googled it, checked Sephora...and I'm at a loss. If anyone can help, hit me up.
  • Technology is amazing. I simply love that my 11 year old nephew can e-mail me something random like "heyy aunt meg we just got like 2 feet of snow" and totally make my day.
  • Chai Tea is simply the perfect way to unwind after a long day. I found a new one that has a little touch of coconut in it. I could just sit and inhale that smell for days and be happy!

  • In the February issue of Vanity Fair, there is an article about the movie "Ishtar," which in it's time was the biggest bomb in the history of moving making. That's an amazing feat, especially considering Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman were involved. But there was a section in the article that intrigued me. Hoffman was recounting a discussion with Beatty, then the most notorious ladies man in Hollywood, asking him whether, given the opportunity, Beatty would "Make love to any and every woman." When Beatty confirmed he would, Hoffman asked why, to which Beatty replied "Because...you never know." Hoffman's observation on this was interesting. He said "I thought that was the most romantic thing I'd ever heard a man say, because he was talking about spirits uniting." I'm a little in love with Dustin Hoffman for seeing romanticism in that. I don't think I could have. Although I'm still undecided on whether it's really that romantic or just the best justification for sleeping around in the history of the world. Opinions?

  • Dear Los Angeles drivers: I know it's strange when they put the freeway on-ramp on the left side of the highway. If you want to exit there, please just kindly put on your left turn signal to let me know. Otherwise, understand that I will ride up your tailpipe, honk at you, and assume you are just an ordinary non-driving moron that goes 35 mph in the fast lane. No offense, of course.
  • And finally, to the fine folks at the US Postal Service. Please tell me why you have automated postage machines that can label my package, tell me how much it will cost to send, and actually SELL me the postage working around the clock. Then you foil my plans by locking the package container for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment