Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kings vs Avalanche: A Big Send-off



A big celebration was exactly what the Kings and their fans needed to shake off Thursday nights disappointing loss to the Oilers. Tonight offered the perfect solution, as the Kings celebrated 5 players (including DREW!) that will participate in Olympic hockey next week. It was also a night for some personal celebration with my favorite Kings fans - my friends! My buddy Nichole was celebrating her 21st birthday, so we all pitched in and got a luxury box in her honor. What a great night!

The view from up here is fun, especially when they do projections on the ice. I never really get to see what those look like sitting down behind the glass.



The Kings gave us a terrific effort tonight from start to finish. The first period was about establishing physical dominance, which we accomplished thanks to a nice little tilt from Rich Clune, our latest call-up from Kings affiliate the Manchester Monarchs. Clune actually looked great in camp this year but got hurt so he didn't make the team, but he sure made the most of his NHL coming out party tonight!

It took us until the 2nd period to get any goals, but good old grinder Brad Richardson did his thing and got a tip-in in front of the net, assisted by none other than Rich Clune! Congrats on your first NHL point, kiddo! Then the Kings broke it open in the 3rd with two more goals, including one assisted by Drew, for his 34th of the season! In the end, the Kings won 3-0 and got our favorite goalie Quickie a well deserved shut-out. Our boys are going to be amazing for their respective Olympic teams!

Speaking of the Olympics, the coolest part of the night was definitely the big send-off ceremony after the game honoring the Kings and Avalanche players that will be representing their countries. And in honor of Drew representing Team Canada on the blueline, I broke out my Team Canada jersey. I think I look pretty good in red, eh?



Best of luck to all our Olympians! I just hope the rest of you know Drew will be the one bringing home the GOLD MEDAL!

My "Hottie of the Night" tonight was such an easy choice it really wasn't fair. Because tonight featured the first return to Staples Center ice of a huge fan favorite King from last season - Avs defenceman - #27 Kyle Quincey.



My friends and I were absolutely heart-broken when we traded Kyle at the end of last season. He played so well for us after we claimed him on waivers from Detroit. And he's a total cutie pie! When he looks at you with those intense eyes, you just melt. Caught ya lookin'!



Of course, it might have helped that I was holding this fine piece of Jen and Brianna artwork against the glass during warm-ups. Pretty hard to miss!



At Brianna's request, I do have a runner-up hottie as well. Center Ryan O'Reilly is certainly worth a look - nice choice Bri!



So this is the last I'll see of my Kings at Staples for the next 3 weeks, since their next home game isn't until Saturday, March 6. In the meantime, I'll be following the Olympics closely on TV, and you'll hear me chanting "Eh, Oh Canada, GO!"

Drew winning the GOLD is gonna be SWEET!



GO CANADA GO! GO DREW GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment