Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey = Togetherness



I consider myself extraordinarily blessed with friends who adopt me every Thanksgiving. I rarely make the long trek home to my family in Delaware since I feel like I get more bang for my buck visiting at Christmas. When you're single, Thanksgiving is a hard thing to do by yourself. Luckily I like to cook, so I always manage to get myself invited somewhere using Martha Stewart's famous Mac & Cheese recipe as my contribution to the dinner. The past few years, Nadine and John have always invited me and all the other family deprived folks they know over to their house. This year, Nadine's friend Aaron adopted us into his extended family.

Prior to his career as an auto appraiser (Nadine and Aaron are both field reps at Safeco) he was a chef for the Marriott Corporation. I can now attest to the fact that the man knows his turkey!!! He prepared not one, but two turkeys...a total of 50 lbs of deadly deliciousness!! One was smoked (top photo) and one was deep fried (bottom photo), and they were both more delicious than any turkey I've had before (sorry Mom...). Moist, tender, melt in your mouth...simply incredible.



What a spread!! Everything was amazing, and of course I ate way too much and felt like I needed an hour on treadmill after dinner. Of course that didn't happen....but I'm just saying...

And Martha's Mac & Cheese was a huge hit, so Aaron's already invited me over for their New Years bash if I promise to bake some more. In case you're interested, here's a link to Martha's recipe archive where you can find it....

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/perfect-macaroni-and-cheese



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment