Saturday, November 15, 2008

Good Luck, Bad Luck

I woke up this morning, got ready to face the day, and pulled out my jersey for tonight's game. Then I dug up my weekend tickets and looked through them, at which point I realized I had never purchased a ticket to this game! I had originally planned to be at JMU for Alumni Band Day, but finances and free plane tickets evaporated so I ended up not going.

So I hopped on the Internet and got the surprise of my life! I was lucky enough to find a front row seat available one section over from Nadine's and my regular seats. Talk about rinkside view!! I gotta talk to Adam, my ticket rep, about getting this spot next year. Perfect Sully viewing!!!!






































Great seats deserve some great video, so as usual I have a favorite Sully-cam and some great defensive zone stuff on Drew. Sully's video is first.



Lucky seat selection unfortunately did not mean luck in the game. We lost this one 3-1, partly due to an accidental empty net goal by our team captain Dustin Brown....into our own open net! Hopefully when you make a pass your teammate is there, but if you miss it sucks. Happens to the best of 'em. Just a shame to see our 4 game winning streak come to an end. And this is our second loss to Nashville, a team we can't seem to figure out.

And now for my the opposing team "Hottie of the Night." In this case, we have two. Not because Nashville has better looking players than the rest of the NHL, but because I decided to let Nadine have a vote as well.

Nadine's hottie is #2 - Dan Hamhuis, a defenseman from Smithers, British Columbia. At least she picked someone tall this time. Dan is 6' 1" and Nadine tends to like the scrappy little guys that clock in around 5' 9". I'm proud of her for thinking outside the box!



















My choice is #28 - Ryan Jones, a right-winger from Chatham, Ontario. He also wins the "Best Hockey Hair" award of the night. Unlike Nadine, I tend to go for the typical tall, dark and handsome model, 6' 1" and over. Ryan is 6' 2".



















Next up...our local rivals, the Anaheim Ducks, in Anaheim tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment