Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Bliss

This weekend was the first in as long as I can remember that I had absolutely NO PLANS. I got all my "work" around the house done during the week, there were no Kings games, and I wasn't traveling anywhere or preparing to travel anywhere. One blissful weekend ALL TO MYSELF!

So what did I do?
  • Blogged
  • Reattached some errant bling on one of my favorite sweaters
  • Turned the wrong burner up on the stove then left it long enough to completely break down the welds on a metal teapot and melt the handle off
  • Power napped
  • Made a stack of greeting cards
 
  • Enjoyed several glasses of wine
  • Treated myself to my favorite Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
  • Played LOTS of Words with Friends
  • Slept in
  • Deleted things from my "To Do" list that I realized don't matter
  • Reminded myself for the hundredth time why I don't give myself pedicures
  • Sang in the shower
  • Deep conditioned, exfoliated and massaged my troubles away
  • Started my mornings with music
  • Bought new music
  • Improved my noodle measurement skills
  • Ate chocolate chip pancakes without guilt
  • Got ready to start a healthy new habit
 


And probably the two most important things I did this weekend....

While I was out shopping, I followed the advice of a dear friend and stopped for a moment, closed my eyes, lifted my face to the sky and savored the feeling of the sun on my face. Then later than night, I turned off the lights, lit some candles and just took a moment -- to just be.

What would you spend a "Weekend Just For You" doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment