Thursday, July 7, 2011

Maiden Voyage

Experience has taught me that one of the keys to traveling successfully is your comfort level with your luggage. So I was just a little nervous starting my trip back East since it was also my first time out with my new travel buddy -- the purple carry-on bag.


As you may recall, the old carry-on bag I use for my computer and other essentials had a bit of a rough trip to Tennessee. The damaged wheel got repaired, but that poor bag has endured 7 years of hard labor following me around the world and it's starting to look a little worse for wear. Plus I've never been totally happy with it as a true overnight bag since it's just one big compartment with no way to keep clothes separate from the computer and other stuff. Hence the purchase of a new carry-on.

A new bag requires a new routine, just like swapping out your old purse for a new one. You have to decide on the best pocket for everything to go in, you pull things out for security checks in a different order, you double check to make sure you pull the right back out of the airplane overhead compartment, etc. It takes a little getting used to even if the new bag is better than the old one.

After 5,000 miles of flying through 3 different airports, I'm absolutely in love with this bag! My travels went off without a hitch, it has a ton more room and it was even easier to access my computer than with the old bag.

Front compartment for your laptop -- complete with a sleeve/sling to keep it safe!

Roomy enough in the back for a couple days worth of clothes!

It's even slightly more narrow than the old bag so it glides down airplane aisles without catching on seats!

If you're in the market for a new carry-on yourself, here's a link so you can get one of your own. The style is called "Big Sur." Very California!

http://ricardobeverlyhills.com/

Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment