Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wet, Wild and Dewey

After the craziness of planning Will's 13th birthday party, my sister-in-law needed a night out and with me visiting she had an easy excuse. So my Mom agreed to keep an eye on the boys and Barb and I headed down to The Starboard in Dewey Beach.


We did have a reason for going other than relieving party planning stress. My brother was working that night as the sound board guy (he's the local rock star in our family) and some dude named Reggie Branch was having a party.

Rock Star Brother at work

I am an idiot about professional football, so I had no idea who Reggie was (he won the Superbowl with the Redskins? Well, it isn't The Stanley Cup, but that's cool...). Dave and Barb know him from The Starboard, which is his summer hangout. He sponsors a charity golf tournament every year and happy hour was at the bar.

My brother big pimpin' with Reggie and the boys

Reggie is one very cool, down-to-Earth dude, and all the retired NFL guys partying with him were a hoot! I couldn't tell you who they were, especially since they kept switching name tags with each other. I know there were former Eagles and Redskins, and Kristen and Joe (the band) got a little fight song sing-a-long competition going between the Redskins and Eagles fans.

Should we start a sing-a-long, Joe?

Let's sing AND do shots!

Dewey Beach in the summer is your classic college frat party scene, which is still a great time after all these years and a great place to escape the rigors of adult life for a while. Plenty of fantastic local bands, cheap drinks and flip flops abound, along with....um, creative decor.


But if you can't have fun in the summer, you're not really living are you? As Jimmy Buffet would say, "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."


I'll drink to that. Thanks for a great party Dewey!

No comments:

Post a Comment