Thursday, May 6, 2010

Think YOU Had a Bad Day?

I've had my share of bad work days. We all have. But when you see something like this, it really helps you realize maybe what you're struggling with isn't all THAT bad.

Imagine having to call your boss and explain this.



  • You damaged the company vehicle.
  • You damaged other property.
  • You caused the police to come redirect traffic for 2 hours around a busy parking structure until a concrete contractor could come out and reattach the pylon supporting the height warning pole you hit.
  • And you had to stay there the entire time and have people look at you while thinking, "What an idiot."

If I wasn't busy working in the office building next door when this happened, I would have been tempted to go say hello to the driver and share a story from my college years that would make them feel a little better. Because they aren't alone. This has happened before....
  • My story involves a band truck loaded with percussion equipment.
  • The truck got stuck under a railroad bridge, which caused the top of the truck to peel open like a sardine can.
  • A rescue crew was deployed, which freed the truck by letting the air out of the tires until it was safely below the level of the bridge, then pushing it out from underneath.
  • The driver of the truck, who I will politely not name, is still ridiculed at alumni events to this day and regaled with tales of the incident.
Have you ever had a day worse than one of these? If so, I'd love to hear about it, so leave your comments! You'll have my sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment