Friday, May 14, 2010

It's REALLY over...

Ever since the Kings made their first round exit from the Stanley Cup play-offs, it's been a long and gradual road for me to accept the "official" part of my hockey season is over. And with the Pens, Caps, and now Bruins ending their respective seasons (damn Flyers.......arrrghh!), my alternate rooting interests are dying off quickly.

But the real final nails in the coffin happened when my boys left. The play-off beards all got shaved. My captain and my goaltender took their families to Disneyland this week. My number one defenceman is back at home, braving the rain and trying to squeeze in some golf games. And the weather in LA is finally sunny and beautiful enough for the top on the EOS to be down on a regular basis. I realized it was time for my final housekeeping assignment before officially ending the season.

I put away my #8 jersey.



You see, I've been sleeping in it since the end of round one. Just couldn't seem to let it go. I thought if I kept my Stanley Cup dreams alive long enough, maybe I would wake to find out everything up until this point had been one giant mistake.

But make no mistake....the dream is still there, it just gets to hibernate this summer and rest up for the start of next season, which will be around the corner before I know it. And since it's too hot to wear my #8 jersey, I found the perfect summer "uniform" so I can continue to support my boys. Or at least one in particular....



Enjoy your summer, Kings fans!

1 comment:

  1. Curt (Your sharks fan)May 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM

    Are you crazy???Its not over yet... San Jose Vs Chicago, and Philly and Montreal!!!
    That is one of the most exciting playoffs in the past 20 years! Top two and bottom two facing off!
    Two western teams with talent such as Kane,Towes, Thornton, Marleau, Sharp, And Pavelski!
    Two eastern teams that came from behind 3-1 and 3-0! Just because the kings,Caps, and Pens are out, doesnt make this a bad series! It means these other teams wanted it more!

    ReplyDelete