Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Habit Forming -- Or Not

Three weeks ago, I decided to try and incorporate some better habits into my life. I made a neat little chart to help me keep track and carried it around with me as a reminder. And to make sure I would be held accountable, I promised to share my results. I put myself in the best possible position to succeed in creating positive new habits and get rid of some bad ones.

So what happened?


Well, my skin looks better, my nails are no longer a mess and my water intake is increasing, but I still can't manage to get up at a consistent time in the morning and my night time routine is non-existent. I'm a little better off than I was 3 weeks ago, but I still need work.

Even though I didn't fix all my habit issues, this exercise was a valuable one because charting my behaviors helped me understand positive and negative triggers that cause them. For instance, I did great with the snooze button when I was traveling or had important meetings to start my day with a critical focus. I had a hard time sticking with the tooth brushing when I'm traveling because I can't just grab the spare toothbrush from the desk drawer in my office after eating lunch. Easy things to fix once you're aware of them.

Time to go shopping for a compact toothbrush....

No comments:

Post a Comment