Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Thought Locker: Head Scratching Edition

  • Have you ever noticed how certain products refer themselves as "lightly salted," but you never find anything advertised as "heavily salted?" I think salt gets a bad rap. I'm gonna buy stock in the first product I find that advertises it's loaded with extra salt.
  • The subject line of an e-mail I received from Victoria's Secret a couple of weeks ago intrigued me. " Be a Beach Bombshell: New MIRACULOUS Bikini adds 2 Cup Sizes!" So what happens when the guy that hits on you thinking he's scored a "Beach Bombshell" sees you WITHOUT the bikini? Sounds like a not-so-small "truth in advertising" problem to me.
  • Whoever the masochist is at Southwest Airlines that decided you can't use the free drink coupons for Monster Energy drinks needs to be stuck sitting next to me on a long flight when I haven't had enough caffeine. Because I'm going to get drunk on my stack of otherwise unusable drink coupons and they get to drive me to my hotel when I land.
  • According to Southwest Airlines magazine, America's 16 largest hotels are all in Las Vegas. The fact that the Las Vegas Airport isn't even closely proportionate in size explains the length of the security lines.
  • For some reason I have an uncontrollable urge to say "Moooooooo!" whenever I see a cow while driving. So even though mooing while exiting on Route 12 to Napa to go wine tasting seemed inconsistent with the occasion, I did it anyway.
  • Why do the best sunsets always happen when there isn't a convenient place to pull over and I only have a camera phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment