Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Thought Locker: Coast-to-Coast Edition

With my mini-break to Delaware over, today was, dare I say, rather eventful. Herewith, some thoughts on the joys of a long day getting across the country....

  • I had A LOT of fun with my Foursquare checkins on this trip, but Foursquare and I disagreed on a couple of locations. Can someone tell me how I can get a message that says "Your phone thinks you're a little far from the Route 404, so no points or badges for this checkin" when I'm STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DARN ROAD waiting for the construction flagger to alternate turns so my lane can go? In happier Foursquare news, I am now the Mayor of 4 more locations.
  • I think it's pretty lousy of Hertz not to apply the discount I keyed in WHEN I MADE THE RESERVATION until AFTER I returned the car and noticed my bill total was wrong. Yeah, trying to get me to pay $158 when you know darn well it should only be $39. I wonder how many people fall for that?
  • Attention pilots! Don't say we might get a few light bumps after you ask the flight attendants to take their seats. If they're sitting, we're in for a ride. The experienced fliers aren't fooled for a second.
  • Words you don't want to hear when making a connection on a late in-bound plane -- "They're holding the plane for you...."
  • For some reason I only get a pile of mail when I'm gone. Of course, the only piece I really cared about was this one:
  • I thought my roller bag was a little noisier than usual on the way home. When I was unpacking it, I discovered why. This....


Is supposed to look more like this...



I think I need a break from my break!

No comments:

Post a Comment