Friday, May 8, 2009

When the Stars Align

I've always believed that a certain element of fate, destiny, and dare I say serendipity, has contributed to the occurrence of quite a few major events in my life. It probably sounds flaky, but I really do believe the universe gives us a little nudge in the right direction when we need it. So it was entertaining to read my horoscope for today in light of the big decision I made this afternoon.

"You trust your instincts and hunches, but sometimes you hesitate, waiting for confirmation. This is not that time to do that -- go ahead and jump when your gut says the time is right."


So today I listened to my gut, jumped, and found my next residence! As of June 6, I will be the proud occupant of a 588 square foot studio apartment in downtown Los Angeles. As George Jefferson would say, "I'm moving on up!"

Here's a link to the website for my new digs.

http://bunkerhillapts.com/

You can peruse all the amenities at your leisure, but there are a number of bonuses for me that aren't listed.
  1. This place is a little more than a mile from Staples Center - PERFECT for hockey season! One of my first projects (after I get moved) is to get my track shoes out and see if it's as walkable as I'm thinking. If so, I can't even tell you how much I'll save on parking this season.
  2. There are TWO Starbucks within 3 blocks, because we know I can't function without caffeine. Now I just need to figure out which one has my reduced fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich and proceed to train a new bunch of baristas.
  3. It's actually 2 miles closer to my office than my current drive, and OPPOSITE traffic!! Yay for a better commute to work! I think I can also take the Metro since they've run a new line into Pasadena just a few blocks from my office, so that's a another project to test out.
  4. I have covered parking! And an assigned space! This has been a HUGE issue since the owners of the house behind us rented their place to 4 college students that have 5-6 cars parked in our drive at any given time. Plus the garage has a security guard, so my EOS will be safe and secure when I have to leave her alone.
  5. I have my own bathroom again!! That pretty much says it all...
I was so excited about how much I liked the place that I completely forgot to take any photos (bad Meg!), so unfortunately that has to wait until I get moved. But I promise there will be many blogs worth of material on my moving adventure!

I guess it's time to start packing....

1 comment:

  1. So when do you move? How exciting! Time to start decorating. One of my favorite things to do! :) You ok with all the craziness at the PGR the last couple days?

    ReplyDelete