Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cheap Fun

In a tight economy, expenses become an issue for everyone, even billion dollar companies. Yet no one wants work environment and morale to suffer just because managers can no longer buy catered lunches for their offices several times a month. Once again, the folks at my office in Pasadena are undeterred by expense barriers, yet still manage to have a great time. Tonight was a perfect example, when the branch held its monthly "Movie Night."



Granted, much of the credit for expense control for this event goes to Dan Warnick, who owns a home theatre system and generously hauls it from home for everyone to enjoy. And he even has a popcorn machine! Add some candy (purchased in bulk) and nachos, and it's almost like being in a real theatre, but for a lot less cash.



What a great way to bring everyone together!



The movie tonight was "Slumdog Millionaire," which won a bunch of Oscars this year. I hadn't seen it yet, so I stayed to watch.



I'm glad I did - for the movie and the company. Both were unbeatable. And how often can I see a movie for free?

Great job, Pasadena!

No comments:

Post a Comment