Friday, May 8, 2009

Remembering

I've been thinking about my Dad a lot lately. It started when a close friend from college lost a family member recently. I sent her one of my homemade greeting cards, with a quote I found once that said, "When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."

Then a co-worker friend of mine made this post on Facebook this morning.



My dad was in a German prison camp when the war ended, and today is the anniversary of the day he would have been released after 18 months of captivity. And so I got to remember just how brave and noble a man he was, and how proud I am to be his daughter.

It also made me realize the people we love most in life never really leave us. And if we're paying attention, they pop up just when we need them. I hope my friend remembers that.

Thanks Daddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment