Monday, January 12, 2009

Lightning Strikes a Blow

Horrible loss for the Kings tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning...in more ways than one. First, we lost the game, which was bad enough. Even worse, we lost Drew midway through the second period. I try to love all hockey players, but I now consider Tampa Bay's #76 my sworn enemy! He's a monster named Evgeny Artyukhin, the Lightning's 6'5" 259lb Bolshevik that put on the offending hit that took Drew out for the rest of the game.

Here's the video....



And a link to the story on NHL.com....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=403830&cmpid=rss

Kudos to Drew's linemate Sean O'Donnell (#6 in the video) for sticking up for him, even if it meant a cross checking penalty. After Drew limped off the ice bent over in half and didn't come back, I was thinking the worst - cracked ribs, etc. Nadine was guessing concussion. When I got home and checked my favorite Kings blog (Rich Hammond is the BEST hockey sportswriter in LA), I was somewhat relieved that the diagnosis was a right thigh contusion, which probably means a bone bruise. Poor kid is gonna be hurting tomorrow. I'm sure he'll miss a few games as well. As long as he gets patched up in time for the Young Stars game, everything will be OK.

No Hotties tonight...I'm too mad at Tampa Bay. And no changes to the Lucky Jersey contest due to the loss.

Get better soon Drew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment