Thursday, January 29, 2009

Comeback Kids

Tonight was the first game for my Kings since the All-Star break. Our last home game before the break was that rotten 4-0 loss to Detroit, during which, it pains me to say, we barely showed up to play. So this was the perfect opportunity to turn over a new leaf for the hometown fans. Drew was back in the lineup tonight, completely healed and coming off a very successful appearance in the Young Stars all-star game, where he scored on Montreal's Carey Price, who is no slouch in goal.

The boys grabbed the opportunity and put on a great show tonight. The energy was up, the puck was going to the front of the net, and our recent scoring drought ended with a 5-2 victory over a young and incredibly talented Chicago Blackhawks squad. The most important goal (at least to me) was Sully's. He's being getting chances but hadn't lit the lamp in a while, so it was good to see him fire off a nice shot, especially on a short-handed breakaway. Way to go Sully!

But perhaps the biggest fun of the night was the 30% off sale on all Kings novelties! So I picked up some new bling to help support my Kings! This is definitely me, don't you think?



And the best part...it's reversible, so I can even wear it every day and still have it coordinate with my wardrobe! It's the little things that keep me happy.....



Now on to the "Hotties of the Night" for the Blackhawks. They're all very safe and skate warm-ups with their helmets on, but #2 Defenseman Duncan Keith stood out for me. And I think I see the promise of some good hockey hair peeking out from under that helmet :)



But I also gotta give props to Patrick Kane, who is just so darn adorable, in additional to being fun to watch.



And last but not least, Drew opened his lead in the Lucky Jersey contest with tonight's win. The current tally stands Drew 4, Sully 2.

Our next home game isn't until February 12, so I'll be checking out the Kings on TV and Internet radio until then. But it will certainly be a Happy Valentine's Day with the boys coming back to town!

1 comment: