Friday, June 17, 2011

Everything Is Better With Bacon

I remember reading once that most of the flavor in food comes from fat, and bacon makes some of the best tasting fat around. That's probably why people are always making foods bacon flavored even if it doesn't seem natural at first glance.

I've heard rumors about chocolate covered bacon at state fairs and such, but it took a visit to Whole Foods for me to run into a real life bacon/chocolate combination.


Yes, it's a dark chocolate bar with little pieces of applewood smoked bacon melted into the chocolate. I bought one, ate it, and can confirm it is a quite tasty combination! And apparently it's a good seller because the fine folks at Vosges Haut Chocolate have an entire LINE of bacon-chocolate delicacies.


These look like great Father's Day gifts to me!

But more importantly, what is the most unusual bacon themed food YOU have ever eaten?

No comments:

Post a Comment