Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life is a Highway

It's been an incredibly long week in my life, one of those weeks when I've been so busy running to get things done I haven't thought much about the greater meaning of everything that has happened.  Today, I put over 150 miles on my car road-tripping to Southern California's "High Desert" (aka Lancaster/Palmdale) for a birthday celebration for a friend.

That gave me a lot of time alone to think.  

On the drive home, the sun was setting, and for long sections of the drive south on Route 14 back to Los Angeles, the colors of the sky were beautiful, a gradually blurred descent from indigo to rust.  And while it isn't the safest thing in the world to do, something told me to pull out the camera, point it towards the sky, and click just once.  When I got home and saw what I captured, I had a revelation...


Sometimes the road ahead of you is unclear.  But when you see something beautiful in the distance, it's best to keep heading towards it.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. There is always something wonderful waiting for us--I truly believe it. Down every path there is something that will spark a memory or create a new one. Life, like the destination itself, is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I haven't been great about keeping up with some of my favorite blogs - what can I say, being a mom, opening my shop, and keeping up with my own new blog keeps me busy! That all being said....you were in the AV?! We live just north of Lancaster. If you are ever heading this direction again let me know. I would love to get together!

    ReplyDelete