Monday, August 16, 2010

My New "Signature" Bag

Anyone who has seen me in person over the last two years is well acquainted with my constant companion and signature accessory -- my Michael Kors "Lattington" bag.


It was love at first sight when I spotted it in a Vanity Fair ad, so sophisticated and yet rock and roll, as well as the perfect shade of purple to match all my Kings gear.  I ripped the ad out of the magazine, dragged Nadine down to the Michael Kors store at The Grove one sunny afternoon in September 2008 (incidentally wearing a Kings jersey because we went shopping after a Kings Rookie Camp scrimmage), added some temporary debt to the credit card, and never looked back.

Sadly, the poor thing has been dying a slow death from too much love.  I've hauled it across the country and back several times, stuffed all manner of hockey gear it, and put it places no classy bag should ever go.  And for almost two years, my Lattington has loved me right back in so many ways.    But I think the handles are tired and ready for some rest.


I've taken my poor Lattington to my shoe and leather repair shop, searched on line, and even spoken with the Michael Kors store, but sadly, repairs are not feasible and it's time has come.  I can't bear to part with it completely, because it's held so many wonderful memories, but it's earned a rest from the rigors of daily use.  So I've been quietly scouting around for another signature purple bag.

Today, Brighton came to the rescue.  Meet "Blondie."


It's a messenger bag, the color is "grape," and it's perfect!  Love the two little pockets on the front for things that need to be within easy reach, and the strap extends perfectly across your chest for hands free shopping. 

Even the fabric lining is fab!


 But the best part is the detail in the leather texture...


In the words of Barbra Streisand, "It's like buttah, baby..."  So expect to see it VERY SOON...like, tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Check out all these great purple handbags! I'm the same way. I also just got a great new Fossil watch with a purple wristband!

    http://www.shoesbycolor.com/Purple_Handbags.html

    ReplyDelete