Saturday, April 4, 2009

Having a Moment

It's hard to believe I just watched the Kings second to last home game of the 2008-09 season. I can't even bring myself to acknowledge it's almost over, but at least I can put that thought off for another week.

But this game was also VERY special because the Kings held a recognition ceremony for head of security Lou McClary, who was retiring after 42 years of service! To honor him, all 5 players who have had their jerseys retired by the Kings came out on the ice to congratulate Lou in person. These 5 guys have never been on the ice together before....I admit I was more than a little choked up.



From left to right:

Luc Robitaille
Wayne Gretzky
Dave Taylor
Marcel Dionne
Rogie Vachon

And here's some video of the ceremony so can learn a little more about Lou and the amazing players he looked after...kinda makes me a fuzzy inside. Especially since Bob Miller is such an amazing master of ceremonies.



Afterwards, the Kings proceeded to thrash the Coyotes 6-1, which I enjoyed more than I can quite express. And Drew got assists on goals 5 & 6, which made it that much better!

Now the boys are off on the road for another week before they finish out the season at home Saturday, April 11. Talk about getting choked up....

No comments:

Post a Comment