Monday, February 14, 2011

Who Are Your "Loves?"

Valentine's Day gets a bad rap.  Because it's a holiday that celebrates love, and romantic love specifically, the chunk of the population currently without a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/partner/significant other of some sort feels like they can't participate.

I think that's just silly.  Granted, I've spent my fair share of years unattached, calling up my girlfriends and wishing them "Happy Sappy Shit Day."   But with age comes wisdom and the knowledge that some of the most significant "loves" in my life are not the romantic kind.   So I prefer to think of Valentine's Day as an occasion to celebrate the people that are most important to me every day of the year, day in and day out.

Since I'm crafty, I make them cards.

This year Michael's Crafts had so many fun things in heart shapes to choose from, I went a little wild.

I made a lot of cards this year, which helped me remember just how blessed and lucky I am to have a wonderful assortment of "loves" in my life. 

So whether you make cards, bake goodies, pass out hugs or just call on the phone, don't forget to make sure the important people in your life know how much you love them.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards!! They're pretty much one of my favourites! Especially when I don't expect them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handmade cards from Meg are the best! Thanks sweetie.

    ReplyDelete